How to Donate
If you would like to make a donation by cheque or discuss setting up a regular donation, you can contact us directly by email email@example.com or by post: Dimbleby Cancer Care, 4th Floor Management Offices, Guy’s Hospital, Bermondsey Wing, Great Maze Pond, London SE1 9RT
Dimbleby Cancer Care is registered Charity No. 247558.
Dimbleby Cancer Care relies solely on public donations. While much has improved for cancer patients in the last 40 years or so, much more needs to be done. Dimbleby Cancer Care needs your donations to continue its work. That is why we are launching our £500,000 Care For The Future appeal to enable us to continue supporting people living with cancer.
Past expenditure includes:
- A £2million endowment to Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital in 2013 towards the new cancer centre being built on the Guy’s site and due to open in 2016. The new centre will be the home of the Dimbleby Cancer Care Information and Support Services as well as bringing together cancer services from both hospitals into one state of the art facility.
- Funding the full-time Benefits Advisor for cancer patients at Guy’s and St Thomas’ in partnership with Southwark CAB and Macmillan Cancer Care.
- Providing Dimbleby pillows to ward patients and chemotherapy outpatients at Guy’s and St Thomas’. The pillows are a perfect example of how something very small and simple can make a huge difference to someone while they are going through their cancer treatment.
- Supporting a Fellowship at our Research Laboratory at King’s College London
- Funding a psychologist at the Maggie’s Centre in Hammersmith.
- Continuing to fund up to £275k per year on research into the support and care needs of cancer patients, their families and carers.
- Creating a £500,000 pa joint research fund with Marie Curie Cancer Care
Whether your support is a single-one off donation or a regular one, it will help support people most at need.
Gift Aid explained
Make your Donation 28% larger If you are making a donation to Dimbleby Cancer Care and you are a British taxpayer you can help us even further simply by signing a Gift Aid form. By doing this, the tax you have already paid on that donation is refunded to the charity. By completing and returning the form, you not only allow us to re-claim the tax on this donation but on any future ones you make to us.
Legacies have been our single most important source of income and we are profoundly grateful to those who have remembered us in their wills. For detailed advice on making your will or leaving a legacy to charity, Remember A Charity has produced a very helpful guide. Please consider us when you are making a will.
Give a little everyday with The People’s Operator
The People’s Operator (TPO) is the mobile network that gives back. Dimbleby Cancer Care have teamed up with TPO to offer you a deal that makes a big difference. When you join their network, they will help you support our work by directing 10% of your mobile spend directly to Dimbleby Cancer Care. And more importantly, it costs YOU nothing. With their new Unlimited Deal for only £14.99, there’s never been a better time to switch! For more information visit our page at The People’s Operator and find out more about their SIM-Only deals. Just enter your partner code DCC when you sign up and begin supporting us every time you use your mobile. For more information get in touch at 0845 225 2505. Find TPO online w tpouk.com t @tpouk f facebook.com/thepeoplesoperator