In September Jonathan Dimbleby chaired the Macmillan Parliamentary Question Time at the House of Commons.
Videos from the event are now available below. The questions put to the panel tackled issues including care for those at the end of life, support for cancer carers and improving patient experience.
The panel included:
- John Baron MP, chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Cancer
- Diane Abbott MP, Shadow Minister for Public Health
- Paul Burstow MP, former Minister for Care and Support, an active campaigner within parliament on health and cancer issues
- Andrew Jones MP, Parliamentary Private Secretary to the Department of Health’s ministerial team
- Ciarán Devane, CEO of Macmillan Cancer Support
An Overview – click here to view the video
Introduction and Question 1: Early diagnosis – click here to view the video
Question 2: Support for cancer carers – click here to view the video
Question 3: Care for those at the end of life – click here to view the video
Question 4: Supporting people back to work – click here to view the video
Question 5: NHS staffing and patient experience – click here to view the video