Dimbleby Cancer Care was established in 1966 following the death from testicular cancer of Britain’s best loved broadcaster Richard Dimbleby at the age of 52. The charity focusses on supporting people living with cancer, their families and carers, during and beyond cancer treatment, through information and advice, practical and psychological support, and complementary therapies to help relieve anxiety, stress and many of the debilitating side effects of cancer treatment. Since 2013 the charity has been actively fundraising and has now established a core calendar of fundraising activity. In 2018 we launched a brand new national online resource to help anyone in the UK access care and support services in the local area, Cancer Care Map.
An opportunity has now arisen to join the small but dynamic team as a Full-Time Fundraiser – Corporate, Sponsorship and Major Gifts, working with the Director and (Part-time) Community Fundraiser to take the charity to the next level. Your role will be to build our donor database, to identify and cultivate new business leads with a view to long term relationships in terms of event sponsorship, corporate partnerships and major donors.
- Full-time, 6 month probation period
- Central London based
- Key Objectives
- Increase income through corporate sponsorship
- Identify and cultivate opportunities for large donations from individuals, corporates, Trusts and Foundations
- Provide regular reports for the Director and Board of Trustees
- Provide additional fundraising and event support to the Director as required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a charity fundraising team role
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience of a CRM system
- Self-motivated team player with a ‘can do, do do’ attitude
- £37,000 to £42,000 per annum dependent on experience
To find out more, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com